Monday, January 31, 2011

"My Favorite show Ever"



Celebs at 39th Annual NAACP Image Awards Nominee Luncheon ...
I have to say that for me these two women are at the tip top of my favorite female actresses of my generation.( and none of us are old by far!!!) I love me some Tisha Campbell-Martin and Ms. Tichina Arnold. I have been a fan of both since Little Shop of Horrors.Any chick who thought she was the shizzle back in the day, I am sure got half of their wardrobe ideas from the outfits Tisha and Tichina wore on the hit sitcom "Martin". As I watch the old show I can't help but love everything they had on. Those "bitches" were and still are fierce. The next time you are watching an episode correct me if I am wrong.



would not be true to myself if I did not mention that these two became embedded in my permanent brain space after being glued to my tv set with my big sis and whoever else was there every thursday night. We were desperately waiting for our double dose of hysterical laughter from Martin, Gina, Pam Tommy, and Cole. Which in my mind will always be the best Black sitcom cast of my generation, along with  In living color, Cosby,  Different World, Jamie fox, My wife and kids. and most definitely The fresh Prince.Just to name a few. Recently I have been watching all my Martin dvds and can't help but have a gut wrenching pain every time I think bout how the greatest chemistry I have ever witnessed got screwed.









Since I know neither party it would be wrong for me to speculate and so on and so forth, and believe me I could do it like we all have at one point. It would make no difference as the years have long gone by and they are in different stages in their life. But if I ever (as is my dream) get the chance to work with both or one, they have to know that as  fan of comedy and of theirs,"Damn I wish things could have been different." So just a note to Tisha, and Martin I hope after years you have one reconciled, and two maybe hopefully you can rekindle the undeniable chemistry for the big screen. ........ I'm just sayin!!!!!
 As far as Mr. Martin Lawrence goes I have to say I am equally in love with him. Anyone who knows me or my family knows we love to laugh as it is therapeutic and it works your gut muscles(lol).  He really is a master comedian and I love love his work, even if no one else does.    
 I guess it is one of those things were we are stuck in time, you can't mentions the 90's in a household that enjoys comedy without mentioning Martin. He is and always will be relevant to me. Martin the sitcom will always be just one of those thangs I will never get over.












  Speaking of Martin I must say I am not looking forward to seeing another Big momma. 




While I will pay to see my fav comedian, and his new co-star is funny as well,I am not that enthused about it being yet another drequel.  Yes I said drequel. I just don't understand who is fishing these ideas around? I mean yeah give the people what they want but who ordered part seven of this franchise.... I'm Just sayin.    It has to be more talented writers out there and if not call me I am available. So before you do it movie execs no more "Bad Boys". the first one is a classic and the second one... well I love Will and Martin on the screen together so lets get creative and think of something better. Thanks for reading my evening rant until next time Dior La Gucci darlings!!!


P.S What prompted this passage is in my research I came across several articles about the blow up between the above parties. Since I like to write obviously I just wanted to give a little light to a mysterious and long gone situation. I love Tisha and I love Martin. Together or separate, and I wish them all(Tichina,Tom,and Carl) continued success, and much love!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts