Friday, February 4, 2011

Black History Model Edition "Vanessa Williams"

3c7107fb1003c70dd0529
If you don't know this woman who the hell are you???
Lady Vanessa Williams has and is the first in a long line of triple treats of the eighties and nineties. She sang she acted and most of all she got her groove on. Among the twenty or so women that would turn me into a Stan fan if I saw them in person  she is one of them. Her controversial beginning in showbiz is now the standard in how to get famous; even though that was not the case with her. The betrayal  that ensued after her being crowned the first African American Miss America was heart breaking. In the end she was able to hold her head high and bounce back. Bounce back she did with a bountiful career in film and music. I still remember those lace leotards and leather jacket in the "Right Stuff" video. We all would stand around and try to do all the dances she did. I adore her and think sh is a great influence on young women anywhere. When "Ugly Betty" started not only was I happy that the star was not a societal beauty, but Vanessa Williams was in it a!! I was going to be damned if I missed one episode. All the fashion was breath taking and Vanessa wore it all to a "T".  She is legendary already and I am sure she has much more to do .
 Vanessa L. Williams-1st African American Miss America , Model ,Actress, Singer. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts